Sunday, November 21, 2010

Genetically Modified Foods: Harmful/Helpful or Should We Get Back To Basics and Grow Our Own Food?

While the American public comes to terms with the realization that our government is controlled by corporations who are out to screw us every way possible. How do we know what is safe and what is "Not"?

Over the summer aware Americans realized that Sea Food would be stripped from their diets for decades to come.

Now we are faced with the controversy surrounding Genetically Modified Foods.
Are they harmful or helpful?

How do we trust anything we are told after seeing this government allow big business to operate as usual with no consideration for the health of our citizens?

Better safe then then sorry when it comes to what we consume.

Too many Americans have no idea where to begin. Many/most have never had to garden for a safe food source. The convenience of the grocery store replaced our necessity to learn such things.

I recommend Sunset. Sunset was my number #1 source of learning materials when it came to gardening. Not just outdoor gardening, but indoors too.

My son was born 3 months premature and I spent the first three years of his life nestled inside the house as he was on life support in the home. I had a collection of sunset gardening books. One on propagation really peaked my interest. Before it was all said and done I had the education of someone with a bachelors degree in horticulture.

When my son healed I took that knowledge and put to work for the largest plant growing operations in Southern California brokering for 13 different growers, selling to Wal-mart, Target, K-Mart, Home Depot, and Home Base.

Sunset had a way of writing gardening books that made simple sense to me.

Although I eventually left the plant industry I never forgot the lessons I learned, that is why I chose Sunset to help some of you learn how to produce food for your family, friends, and neighbors.

There is nothing more rewarding then helping others, doing it with food makes the experience that much more enjoyable.


Where to begin when planting a vegetable garden...
http://www.sunset.com/garden/fruits-veggies/how-to-plant-vegetables-00400000040732/

For more information on Genetically Modified Foods... the following information was located via Google... http://www.csa.com/discoveryguides/gmfood/overview.php

No comments:

Post a Comment